I went to the dentist for the first time and he filled cavities that I had. Now, about a month later, one of my teeth that he filled a cavity in hurts. It will throb. When I suck in cold air, it hurts. I also noticed that my bite is off. Do you think that my problems will be solved if I just shaved down the filling to correct the bite? Could it be something else that is causing the pain? could it be that my cavity turned into needing a root canal? The cavity he said was medium sized.

Leave Comment

Comments

• Dr.Ritz

Dr.Ritz 27 - January - 2012, at 03:00 AM

• There should be no pain 1 month after dental filling. Pain after dental filling occurs because of high point on dental filling or if filling is close to nerve. Gum infection in relation to filled tooth can also lead to pain. High dental filling can lead to pain on biting down, tooth ache and sensitivity and can lead to pain in muscles and headache. If filling is close to nerve, then it causes pain in tooth, sensitivity, swelling and tenderness of gums. Without clinical examination and without seeing the x-rays, it is difficult to give definite diagnosis. You can visit your dentist for evaluation and treatment. If dental filling is high, then selective grinding can be done for the filled tooth. If filling is close to nerve, then root canal treatment will be required for the tooth. By the time, you visit a dentist, avoid eating from side of filled tooth and maintain good oral hygiene. If pain is bad, then you can take otc pain med for some pain relief. For more info on problems with dental filling, refer to……   http://www.identalhub.com/dental-problems-with-dental-fillings-810.aspx

Free Dental Consultation