I have this white hard line along my gum line on my teeth. One dentist said that its from my gums being swollowing and pulled back and exposed my teeth more. Another dentist said its from taking pills as a baby(which i never did). So one dentist said it to use flouride mouth wash and brush more. So i did. I even used listerine too. But its getting worse and its causing cavities. I ve been brushing more and everything but i dont know how to get rid of it. Help me

Leave Comment

Comments

• Dr.Ritz

Dr.Ritz 31 - October - 2012, at 04:31 AM

• Hi JOONUM,This is very common with braces, and it is nothing to worry about.Twice a day, just brush rigorously (but gently) where the gum meets the tooth, and in circular motions. You should also be flossing each night. Swollen gums with braces isn’t something to worry about because it is very normal, and even expected, with braces. This is because while your teeth gradually move, there are changes in your gums as well. Don’t worry about the swelling. It is only temporary, as long as you continue to look after your oral health. Try using a salt water rinse for the swelling. Dissolve 1/2 tsp of table salt in a cup of warm water. Swish in your mouth for one minute, then spit out. Do this each night before bed, and the swelling should subside. If your gums are still swollen and not going down after 4 or 5 days, you need to go back in and see your orthodontist, because something else may be wrong......for more info refer the link..................http://www.identalhub.com/articlecategory-braces-21.aspx

• Joonun Park

Joonun Park 30 - October - 2012, at 18:57 PM

• I have braces on my teeth. They're hurting my gums. I use my toothbrush to remove the plack, but the metal ring on the back of my teeth is making my gums swell. How do I fix this? It's going to be a long time until I go to a dentist.

• Dr.Ritz

Dr.Ritz 25 - November - 2011, at 04:23 AM

• Hard white line along the gum line can be because of mineralized calculus deposits on teeth. Deposits in relation to teeth can cause hard white line along the gums. If the deposits from the gums are not removed, then it can lead to recession of gums in which the exposure of roots occur and can also progress and lead to periodontitis in which loss of attachment and bone loss occurs. You need to get dental cleaning done to remove the deposits from the teeth. To avoid deposits on teeth, it is important to maintain good oral hygiene. Brush and floss regularly and also use a mouth wash to reduce bacteria present in the mouth. Visit a dentist to get dental cleaning done and to get the cavities which are present restored. Cavities if not restored will deepen further and cause pain. For more info on dental cleaning, refer to…   http://www.identalhub.com/article_healthy-gums-a-mirror-to-healthy-heart-237.aspx

Free Dental Consultation