I had an incedent while eating about 2 years ago where I bit my steel lip ring. It separated my two bottom from teeth and split the gum. The gum has never healed. It now looks as though there is no gum and I am concerned the tooth may come out. Is there something I can have to to ensure the tooth doesn't come out and leave me looking hideous?

Leave Comment

Comments

• Dr.Ritz

Dr.Ritz 09 - July - 2011, at 20:43 PM

• If the gum has receded to the extent that the roots of teeth are exposed and bone resorption is there then you have to for gum surgery in which the Periodontist will do the bone grafting to increase the support to the tooth. But if it is not that bad then may be maintaining good oral hygiene with 6 monthly cleaning will take care of your tooth. If is diffcult to comment on your condition without clinical examination. For this you should visit a Periodontist who will take care of your gums and hence the teeth and will prevent them from falling out. For more info on gum problems you can read this article.. http://www.identalhub.com/dental-why-there-is-teeth-loss-with-gum-diseases-520.aspx

Free Dental Consultation