I am 25 years old and never had my wisdom teeth removed. My dentist recommended that I have my wisdom teeth removed because my mouth is somewhat tight. I have not had any problem with my wisdom teeth and he says that they are fully grown in. If this is the case, what is the risk of the wisdom teeth pushing or misaligning other teeth in my mouth in the future? I had braces for three years when I was in my teens and am concerned about the visual appearance of my teeth and do not want crooked teeth. Is there still the possibility that they could become crooked if I do not have them extracted?

Leave Comment

Comments

• Dr.Ritz

Dr.Ritz 22 - August - 2010, at 19:51 PM

• If the wisdom teeth are fully grown and there is no problem then it is very unlikely that you have problem in the future. A,s for crooked teeth when the wisdom teeth are erupting and there is no space for them then they push the teeth and the malalignment of   the teeth is there but if they are fully grown and so far if they have not caused any movement of the teeth then there will not be a prolem in future. For more info on wisdom teeth and braces you can visit the following link...www.identalhub.com/dental-effect-of-wisdom-teeth-on-orthodontic-treatment-738.aspx

Free Dental Consultation