I have this weird lump/swelling next to my canine tooth on my gums. It makes my gums look long. Bleeds when i eat or brush. I am concerned

Leave Comment

Comments

• Dr.Ritz

Dr.Ritz 12 - December - 2011, at 01:17 AM

• Swelling of gums around canine tooth can occur because of food accumulates around canine tooth. Because of irritation of gums due to deposits present around tooth, swelling can occur. Bleeding on brushing or eating is a symptom of gingivitis which can occur because of plaque and tartar deposits in relation to teeth. If the canine is misaligned, then it can increase the incidence of deposits on tooth and can further lead to swelling and bleeding on brushing or eating. Lump next to canine tooth can also occur because of gingival abscess or infection in tooth. Without clinical examination, it is difficult to give definite diagnosis. You can visit your dentist for evaluation. If lump is because of infection in the tooth, then root canal treatment will be required. If there is gum abscess present, then dental cleaning may be required. Maintain good oral hygiene to avoid deposits around teeth. Brush and floss regularly. You can also use a mouth wash which is a chemical adjunct to plaque removal. To reduce swelling of gums, you can do warm saline rinses 3-4 times a day. For more info on gum diseases, refer to….   http://www.identalhub.com/article_signs-and-symptoms-of-gum-disease-20.aspx

Free Dental Consultation