in between my bottom teeth there are tiny holes and i dont know if they are fixable. could the dentist do somthing about it?

Leave Comment

Comments

• dr ritz

dr ritz 29 - November - 2011, at 22:47 PM

• Allison, If there are holes between front two teeth, then you can get them restored with composite restoration which is tooth colored, filling, esthetic material. You can also get dental lumineers or veneers for restoration of your front teeth. Recession of gums can be because of plaque deposits in relation to teeth, traumatic bite present or can occur because of faulty tooth brushing. If it is because of food accumulates around teeth, then you can get dental cleaning done to remove them. If you are in habit of forceful tooth brushing, then stop it. If it is because of traumatic bite present, then get it corrected. If there is sensitivity present due to recession of gums, then you can use a desensitizing tooth paste. Visit your dentist for treatment.

• Allison Widener

Allison Widener 29 - November - 2011, at 18:47 PM

• Hole between my top front to teeth and my bottom gum line is receding..what I do I do?

• Dr.Ritz

Dr.Ritz 20 - April - 2011, at 08:03 AM

• Whether these tiny holes are fixable or not depends on type of holes. It these are due to decay then these can be restored with composite buildups. But some time tiny holes are because of recession of gingiva. These are not fixable and in that case after clinical examination, the dentist can decide about the treatment plan. Sometimes gum therapy helps in filling of these holes. For more info on composite builtup, you can read this article from given link.. www.identalhub.com/article_when-is-composite-filling-done-in-a-tooth-283.aspx

Free Dental Consultation