I am desperatley seeking advice ...I am a 36 yr female. No existing medical conditions. I just tried to have my teeth cleaned...I have not had ins until now and could not afford to have it done on a regular basis but have had some . I currently have 26 teeth left. My dentist said I need a deep cleaning because I have bone loss. The bone loss has reached below where the tooth root splits in some places. My cost after insurance to prevent any further bone loss is $3600 yrly. I simply cannot do that. I have 1 pinhole cavity in a top front tooth, and that tooth is already starting to loosen plus fillings in almost every back tooth. Bottom front teeth starting to shift. I am trying to think long term here. Since I cannot afford to to the cleanings to prevent further bone loss should I go ahead and have my 26 remaining teeth removed and get dentures. please remember I am asking in a long term cost. I am on a very fixed income. Please would you tell me what your advice would be. I am just trying to get an honest long term opinion. I do have my x rays I can try to scan and send..Thanks you Cynthia Hall

Leave Comment

Comments

• Stevia Roberts

Stevia Roberts 19 - October - 2010, at 23:13 PM

• In Periodontal bone loss teeth becomes completely hopeless.Some might think that it does not hurt at all but it really needs to extracted, as even if it does not hurt bone loss continues and spreads over the teeth like a disease.you have to get the dental implant.get insurance, because in that case for your medical bills it wont be expensive.It is recommended to brush and floss your teeth twice as the plaque on the teeth takes 24 hrs to be formed on the teeth.

• Dr.Ritz

Dr.Ritz 17 - October - 2010, at 11:03 AM

• It is difficult to comment in your case without seeing the case clinically as X-ray's only give two dimensional pictures.You can visit your dentist and discuss with him. In my opinion it is always better to save your teeth as natural teeth are the best. If you have insurance then for regular checkups and scaling you do not have to pay much. for more info on gum diseases you can visit the following link....www.identalhub.com/dental-natural-remedies-for-gum-diseases-560.aspx

Free Dental Consultation