I am supposed to be getting my wisdom teeth removed on Tuesday, and I was told I would need 3 of them out. The bottom left one hurts, and is at about a 50 degree angle forward. So that I understand, NEEDS to go. My upper left came in fine. However, my two on the right side, haven't seemed to cause any issues. Haven't broken through, but not less than an 85 degree angle adn no pain. The oral surgeon wants to take them out. Now I'm at odds on what to do. If I just get the one thats causing issues out,

Leave Comment

Comments

• Dr.Ritz

Dr.Ritz 22 - January - 2011, at 20:23 PM

• It is difficult to comment on this issue but if you are getting the left lower one extracted because of its not being properly angulated and causing problems to you then definately you have to get the upper left extracted also even if it is not causing any problem now. Eventually this upper left molar will start supra erupting as it will not be occluding with the antagonist lower tooth and because of this there can be cheek bite and other problems. About the right side, without seeing the case clinically and seeing the xrays it is not possible to comment. You can discuss wiith your dentist. For more info on the topic you can read this detailed article in our website... www.identalhub.com/article_wisdom-tooth-extraction-253.aspx

Free Dental Consultation