i had my wisdom taken out six days ago and the taste left in my mout is bad. i went back to the dentist on tuesday and she cleaned it and said it was healing, problem.. my dentist is over an hour away, i am a senior in high school i cant afford to miss anymore days, and i am flying out late friday to washington what should i do. the dentist did give me an oral rinse to use twice a day and i do rinse with salt water. this taste is just horrible

Leave Comment

Comments

• Dr.Ritz

Dr.Ritz 11 - March - 2010, at 19:59 PM

• If there is no pain and swelling and just the bad taste then there is no need to worry. Your dentist is right ,this is the normal healing process. iI no bone cutting was done and the wisdom tooth extraction was normal then it will take another 2 to 3 days to go but if the extraction is surgical then the bad taste can be there for bit longer and healing process will be slow, Keep doing the warm saline rinses . iI will help in healing . If you want to know more about the wisdom teeth you can visit the followig link on our website......http://www.identalhub.com/articlecategory-wisdom-teeth-47.aspx

Free Dental Consultation