I am 19 and a in my freshman year of College. One of my left side teeth 3rd from the back wisdom tooth has one side of the gum that is painful. My gum lines are perfect So I don't know how to explain this pain. I use multiple toothpastes such as: Pro-Namel, Crest, Sensodine and mouthwash as well as floss. When I brush this area i t is very painful though the other side of the tooth is free of pain. Any ideas? Note: The tooth has a filling but at a checkup a month ago the dentist said the tooth it's self is in impeccable condition. Thanks

Leave Comment

Comments

• Dr.Ritz

Dr.Ritz 29 - June - 2011, at 18:39 PM

• From your symptoms it looks like that the tooth has either cervical abrasion on that side or the gum pocket has developed exposing the root surface in that area. When this happens the tooth is very sensitive to sensation while brushing or while taking something hot and cold especially the cold. You have not written which surface of your tooth has filling. If it is in that area only then this pain can be due to some leakage in filling at the junction of tooth and filling. For this you have to visit the dentist who will check the area and if any of the above mentioned problems are there then restoration is done. For more info on wearing of tooth you can read this article... www.identalhub.com/article_types-of-tooth-wear-215.aspx

Free Dental Consultation