Hey doctor! This is the second email I'm sending. The first email was not exactly being specific and I would like you to ignore the other email if possible. Anyways, my problem is that when I floss my teeth, my upper molar gums get really irritated. There is no blood on the floss nor does blood come out when I brush. From what I see, there are no inflammations ,and my gums only hurt when I floss and never else when I'm eating, brushing, etc. And only my upper gums are irritated and in pain. I would like to know what the problem is and how I would go about treating it. I appreciate any help. Thank you.

Leave Comment

Comments

• Dr.Ritz

Dr.Ritz 08 - August - 2011, at 05:23 AM

• It may be due to the faulty flossing technique. While doing flossing you have to be gentle and the technique should be correct. Your gums may have got injured and they are getting irritated every time you floss and cause pain. For this you can do warm saline rinses 2-3times a day. Take care not to irritate your gums. Pain during flossing can also be there in cases of gum infection in that area. You need to consult your dentist in case of gum infection. Scaling may be required for it. For more info on dental flossing you can refer to the following article... http://www.identalhub.com/article_what-is-flossing-59.aspx

Free Dental Consultation