My wisdom teeth have came in and I dealt with the pain, now I am not in any pain but take pain medicine for when they do shift. My wisdom teeth are very sharp because they continuously break. Should this be something that I should worry about and if I do not get them pulled or removed could continue my life and daily activities.

Leave Comment

Comments

• Dr.Ritz

Dr.Ritz 14 - December - 2011, at 04:32 AM

• If your wisdom teeth are sharp and are poking the soft tissues, then you can get selective grinding for your wisdom teeth so that they don’t irritate the soft tissue. Wisdom teeth are last teeth to come in mouth and don’t aid in mastication. If they get infected or cause any problem, then no treatment is usually done for them and they are pulled out. If wisdom teeth are straight and not causing any problem, then a person may not get them pulled and can continue with normal daily activities. Make sure to clean till the back of jaw to avoid any deposits which can further lead to infections. If there is swelling of gums present, then you can do warm saline rinses 3-4 times a day. For more info on wisdom teeth, refer to…   http://www.identalhub.com/dental-frequently-asked-questions-about-wisdom-teeth-920.aspx

Free Dental Consultation