I had an extraction 3 days ago, with a temp. bridge put in. The extraction was second molar from the back on the bottom. There has been a small wound developing and seemingly growing on the inside of my gum, right under the extraction site (facing my tongue). I feel no pain from it, but the edges look white. Not sure if it's infected. No antibiotics were prescribed. I'll probably go back and have it checked unless it starts to heal. My question is, is it safe or advisable to use a product like Colgate Peroxyl? Thanks Dave

Leave Comment

Comments

• Dr.Ritz

Dr.Ritz 17 - January - 2011, at 20:20 PM

• If there is no pain then it can not be infected. It may be the normal healing process or it can be because of the irritation caused by the temporary bridge. It is difficult to give the diagnosis with out seeing the case clinically. But it seems that there is some irritating factor which is causing it. Try to maintain very good oral hygeine and do warm salne rinses. This will take care of any infection if it is there. You can use colgate peroxyl as it is an antiseptic moutwash. For more info on Do's and don'ts after extraction you can visit the following link....http://www.identalhub.com/article_do's-and-don'ts-after-tooth-extraction-153.aspx

Free Dental Consultation