I have had a chipped and cracked tooth for over a year some of my daily symptoms are head aches, gum pain, tooth pain, ear plugs up and pops, pain when eating and drinking cold food or beverage and breathing in cold air, and a bad odor from the tooth. I am wondering what may be the cause of the symptoms and what I need to do to correct the problem and the cost I will endure

Leave Comment

Comments

• Dr.Ritz

Dr.Ritz 21 - May - 2010, at 20:21 PM

• You have multiple dental and gums problems and to find out the exact cause and the cost you have to first find out, how many teeth are infected and what's the extent of gums problem. From your question, it looks like you have sensitive teeth because of chipping or decay which is cause of hot and cold sensation and head ache and pain is because of infected teeth. Bad odor is because of gums problem. This is because of poor oral hygiene. The cost of treatment varies as you may need Root Canal Treatment with crowns for infected teeth. Each of this can cost upto $2000 and for getting healthing gums you will need SCRP and it can cost around @200 per quad. So you can go to your dentist and check with him and also you can get reimbursement from insurance if you have it. For more info on oral hygiene you can read this article... www.identalhub.com/article_understanding-hypersenstivity-216.aspx

Free Dental Consultation