i had a crown (with a post still attached) fall out. leaving a large gap in the front of my teeth. it is a temporary crown (it looks like a tooth with a stick comming out of it) ive been told super gluse can be used to re glue the crown/post back into the tooths canal. will this be ok or is ther something else i can use

Leave Comment

• Dr.Ritz

Dr.Ritz 09 - September - 2011, at 01:08 AM

• Crowns are fixed to the tooth structure with luting cement. Temporary crown is fixed to the post with a temporary material.  Glue can’t be used to fix the crown on to post.  The material which is used to fix the crown has to be biologically friendly and you can’t use anything to fix it. Temporary crown is given by the dentist to provide protection to the prepared tooth, avoid infections and to prevent damage to the gums.  Temporary crowns also prevent food accumulation in the area and are given so that the patient gets used to the crown. Temporary crowns also serve esthetic purposes. If the crown fell, then you have to refer to your dentist so that he can fix it. If the permanent crown is prepared, your dentist may give you your permanent crown. For more info on procedure for crown placement, you can refer to the following article... http://www.identalhub.com/article_procedure-for-crown-placement-270.aspx

Free Dental Consultation