I have pain in a specific area of my gum (no tooth in that area) the only think that seems to alleviate the pain is cold water on the exact location. The dentist told me I have gum disease and gave me Chlorhexidine Gluconate Oral Rinse to use twice a day and ibuprofen 800mg for the pain. H e says there is no infection but how can it hurt so much with no infection? during day i go by with the help of the cold water but I didn't sleep for 36 hours now cause I have to keep taking the cold water to relieve the pain.. oragel didn't help anything either. Help Please!

Leave Comment

Comments

• Dr.Ritz

Dr.Ritz 01 - February - 2012, at 00:46 AM

• Pain in gums can be there because of injury to the gums or can occur because of gum infection present. Trauma to gums because of forceful tooth brushing or eating something very hard can lead to soreness and pain in gums. In case of gum injury, it takes some time for pain to regress. For pain relief, your dentist must have prescribed you ibuprofen. You can brush gently over the site of pain and can use chlorhexidine mouth wash. Avoid any kind of irritation of gums in that area which can aggravate the pain. Maintain good oral hygiene. Food accumulates in relation to gum area there will aggravate the pain. If pain doesn’t seem to regress, then you can visit your dentist. For more info on gum disease, visit……   http://www.identalhub.com/article_signs-and-symptoms-of-gum-disease-20.aspx

Free Dental Consultation