I have severe dental pain in a recently broken tooth. I am uninsured, and I can not see my regular dentist because I have an outstanding balance. I am also unemployed, and the income based clinic does not see adults for dental issues. Can I find a local dentist that can see me and / or prescribe antibiotics and pain killers without having to pay upon visiting? Is there anything else I can do about this problem?

Leave Comment


  • Dr.Ritz

    Dr.Ritz 26 - January - 2012, at 01:41 AM

  • Treatment of broken tooth depends on amount of tooth structure which is broken and whether it is a front or back tooth which is broken. If a small portion of front tooth is broken, it can be restored with composite filling material which is tooth colored, esthetic filling material and if it is a back tooth which is broken, then dental filling or crown is required for the tooth. If nerve of the tooth is also involved, then root canal treatment followed by dental crown is required. If tooth is badly mutilated, then post and core procedure is done after root canal treatment. If tooth is beyond repair, then it can be pulled out. You need to get treatment done for your broken tooth. You can visit a dental school for treatment where you can get dental treatment at low cost. In dental schools, treatment is done by budding dentists under supervision of experienced dentists and quality of the treatment is not bad either. You can also look for free dental clinics around you. By the time, you visit your dentist; you can avoid eating from side of broken tooth and maintain good oral hygiene to avoid any secondary infections. You can also take otc pain med for apply orajel for some pain relief. For more info on treatment of chipped tooth, refer to……   http://www.identalhub.com/article_how-chipped-tooth--is--fixed-by-dentist-790.aspx

Free Dental Consultation