I have a tooth that had a filling in it but the filling some how came out. I started having severe tooth ache on the tooth and got some temporary filling from walgreens. after applying the temporary filling, the toothache stopped and after awhile the temp filling came off. No more tooth ache but I now have a weird bump on my gums. It is above the tooth that hurt and only hurts if i press down on it. Any idea what this could be?

Leave Comment

Comments

• Dr.Ritz

Dr.Ritz 31 - May - 2010, at 20:11 PM

• The bump on the gum above the tooth is because of infection in the tooth. When your permanent filling came off the cavity must be deep as you were having tooth ache also and when you had the temp filling the sinus is formed in the gum and hence the bump is formed. This is basically peri apical infectin which is trying to come out in the form of bump. You have to go to dentist and if you really want to save the tooth then you have to get the Root Canal Treatment done for that tooth. For more info on why root canal treatment is required you can read the following article on our website... www.identalhub.com/article_why-is-root-canal-treatment-rct-required-299.aspx

Free Dental Consultation