About 15 years ago I chipped a corner off a front tooth. The dentist repaired the tooth apparently by creating a bond to the back of the tooth. Recently the bond fell off and the chip is back. My current dentist says that there is not enough enamel on the back of the tooth to repeat the same procedure. She recommends living with the chipped tooth. What are my other options?

Leave Comment


  • Dr.Ritz

    Dr.Ritz 04 - July - 2010, at 19:59 PM

  • There are various treatment options for chipped front tooth. You can go for composite restoration. These days the composite can be bonded even with dentine if sufficient enamel is not present. The other options are going for veneers or the PFM or full ceramic crowns. The most expensive are crowns and then comes veneers. Composite restorations are the cheapest. For more info on cosmetic dentistry procedures you can read the following article from our website.. www.identalhub.com/dental-improving-smile-with-cosmetic-dental-veneers-546.aspx

Free Dental Consultation