Part of my tooth had broken off but I have a little pain unless if I bite down wrong. Tonight I noticed a bitter taste from the tooth at times but my dentist cant fit me in for another week. Will it ok to wait for another week or should I look for another dentist ? Also is there anything I can to slow down the decay ?

Leave Comment

Comments

• Dr.Ritz

Dr.Ritz 29 - August - 2011, at 19:37 PM

• If it is possible to get the tooth fixed early, it is always better because may be you are not having pain now but you may have it any day as you are having bad taste, which means the tooth is already infected. if some how you are not able to see the dentist for a week then avoid eating from that side and maintain very good oral hygiene. Keep that area very clean because if food impaction is there then that can cause the pain in the tooth. So schedule an appointment with your dentist asap. From your symptoms it looks like you have to go for Root Canal Treatment. For more info on need for root canal treatment you can read this article.... http://www.identalhub.com/article_when-is-root-canal-treatment-required-294.aspx

Free Dental Consultation