I recently lost a crown to tooth that had root canal years ago. It is back bottom molar#31. Dentist now wants to extract but i do not want to do this. i am afraid other teeth will gradually shift to that open area. i cannot afford an implant. dentist sd not enough remaining tooth to attach new crown. any other suggestions?

Leave Comment

Comments

• Dr.Ritz

Dr.Ritz 02 - July - 2012, at 00:25 AM

• Dear EILEEN,

The empty space left out by lost teeth can land u in a lot of problems like missing teeth if not replaced ,then the adjacent teeth start moving towards the empty space causing malalignment of other teeth.So go for a removable partial denture or a bridge right now n later on when u have enough resources u can go for dental implants also.If you can’t afford dental bridge, then you can visit a dental school for treatment or can look for free dental clinics near your place. You can also talk to your local dentist if you can pay in installments for dental crown. For more info on replacement of missing teeth, refer to….. http://www.identalhub.com/dental-need-for-replacement-of-missing-teeth-883.aspx

• Eileen

Eileen 29 - June - 2012, at 15:36 PM

• Hello, Exactly 8 years ago I had 2 or 3 crowns with root canals done when I could afford it. Now 2 fell out 5 days apart. Thats 2000 dollars down the tube.Now out of work and circumstance causing debts acruing I do not know who to turn to especially with a huge fear of dentists. They always hurt me unintentionally. Now I have two deep holes and I know it is starting to affect the t zone of my head which scares me. Not sure what to do now. Wanted to wait when employed to make payments but things are standing still and sinking financially. Got a suggestion-- I live in Portlad Oregon No

• Dr.Ritz

Dr.Ritz 30 - December - 2011, at 23:52 PM

• If you have lost the crown of root canal treated tooth, then you can get post and core followed by dental crown. Post and core will provide stability to dental crown. If tooth can’t be saved and is unrestorable, then it needs to be pulled out. After tooth extraction, you can get the missing tooth replaced with dental implant or dental bridge. Dentalk implants are best option for missing teeth replacement.  If missing tooth is not replaced, then adjacent teeth will start moving toward the missing teeth and the teeth of upper side will supraerupt. Missing tooth if not replaced with lead to misalignment of other teeth and will lead to various periodontal problems. If you can’t afford dental implants or dental bridge, then you can visit a dental school for treatment or can look for free dental clinics near your place. You can also talk to your local dentist if you can pay in installments for dental crown. For more info on replacement of missing teeth, refer to…..   http://www.identalhub.com/dental-need-for-replacement-of-missing-teeth-883.aspx

Free Dental Consultation