Hi, I am very worried about the teeth that is painful after having 2nd root canal 6 years ago. I could not get a crown at the time, now the teeth is being painful i can not chew with the teeth. Now i have to to go the dentist but i am feeing scared that the 3rd root canal will be needed. is tooth extraction and alternate option to root canal? is getting dental implants more economical then getting the root canal and crown again?

Leave Comment

Comments

• Dr.Ritz

Dr.Ritz 18 - May - 2010, at 19:25 PM

• first of all dentist will decide after seeing the X-ray whether the re root canal is possible or not as you have already got one done. At that time you did not go for crown and may be the tooth is fractured . In that case it will be difficult to save the tooth. The chances of success also deceases with subsequent root canal treatments. If you get it pulled out your opytions are to go for the implant or the bridge. if you get the re root canal treatment done and get the crown also which is mandatory, then the cost will be approx. $20000. The cost of implant will be approx. $3500. If you want to know more about the dental implant you can visit the following link on our website......http://www.identalhub.com/dental-understanding-dental-implant-bone-grafting-682.aspx

Free Dental Consultation