On eating food like crisps or fried food or juices like Orange juice I am getting some sensation on the gums around my corner teeth. I have fillings on these teeth which are about 6 months old. The sensitivity isn't for hot or cold or sweet food and last's for about 10-15 minutes and then seems to go away. Is this an indication of gum disease or an indication of something serious for these teeth?

Leave Comment

Comments

• Dr.Ritz

Dr.Ritz 25 - January - 2012, at 03:58 AM

• Sensitive gums can be there because of gum infection in relation to teeth or can occur because of recession of gums. Tooth wear and infection in the tooth can also lead to sensation. Plaque and calculus deposits in relation to teeth can lead to gingivitis which can further cause sensation of teeth. Faulty tooth brushing, traumatic bite can lead to recession of the gums and cause sensitivity. Without clinical examination, it is difficult to give an exact diagnosis. You can visit your dentist for definite diagnosis and treatment. If there is gum infection present, then dental cleaning and root planning can be done for the tooth. If there is gum recession present, then periodontal surgery may be required. If there is infection present in tooth, then treatment is done for infected tooth. By the time, you visit your dentist; you can use a desensitizing tooth paste for some relief. For more info on recession of gums, refer to……   http://www.identalhub.com/article_treatment-and-causes-of-gum-recession-887.aspx

Free Dental Consultation