recently i was suffering from tooth ache ,i went to my dentist he told 1 tooth is required to be extracted and scaling is required .both the things has been done then my tooth next to the extracted tooth started paining along with my jaws ,chin gums of right told that affected tooth has to be extracted or rct has to be to get rid of this pain.

Leave Comment

• dr ritz

dr ritz 11 - September - 2011, at 22:06 PM

• Pain 4-5 days after root canal treatment is normal. You can take pain meds after consulting your dentist. If the pain persists after root canal treatment for a longer time, then it can be because of overfilling of canal or if there is infection still present in the canal. After root canal treatment, the tooth becomes brittle. So capping is done above the root canal treated tooth. Capping can't be given if there is pain present in the tooth. pain may get aggravated if there are deposits present around the tooth so maintain a good oral hygine for this.

• narendra

narendra 11 - September - 2011, at 01:19 AM

• i did my root canal trement from dentist, but i have been suffering from severe recommended some pain relief medicine, but still i suffered severe pain.pls suggested pain relief medicine.and futher teeth caping .

• Dr.Ritz

Dr.Ritz 09 - September - 2011, at 01:13 AM

• Your tooth adjacent to the extracted tooth must be decayed or infected, that’s why it must be causing pain. To get rid of pain, you can get root canal treatment for the adjacent tooth. In root canal treatment, the nerve which is responsible for pain is removed and is replaced with a filling material. You have to get capping done after root canal procedure. Better not get your adjacent tooth extracted when you can save it. It is always better to save the tooth than getting it extracted.  To avoid gum pain, it is important that you maintain good oral hygiene for this. Brush and floss regularly. You can do warm saline rinses to reduce the swelling of the gums. Get the treatment done for your affected tooth asap before it gets more damaged. The soreness of the jaw must be because of constant mouth opening during the dental procedure.  It will regress in some time. For more info on root canal procedure, you can refer to the following article..

Free Dental Consultation