i have a small gap in between my two front teeth..i want the small gap closed so i used ortho bands with slowly closes the gap overnight by when i take them off in the mornings my teeth just shift back to its original position...how can i keep teeth in its new position and slowly closed the gap fully in a few night permanently...should i get a retainer made or ?????????????? please help me THANK YOU

Leave Comment

Comments

• Dr.Ritz

Dr.Ritz 22 - February - 2010, at 20:48 PM

• Yes you have to get the retainer made so that the teeth can be kept in the new position but before that you should try to find out cause of gap between front two teeth which is called mid diastema and most common cause is enlarged frenum. In case your case is such then you have to go for frenectomy which is a minor surgical procedure. Without getting the frenum removed, the teeth if moved will again go back to the original position no matter what you do. So finding the cause and treating is right way is more important before closing the gap. So schedule an appointment with your dentist to discuss. For more info on frenectomy you can read the following article from our website to understand better. http://www.identalhub.com/articlecategory-frenectomy-40.aspx

Free Dental Consultation