hi i am 16 and about 4 or 5 months ago my jaw started to swell up on one side a tad bit at first it didnt cause me much concern but about 2 or 3 weeks later i i started to see a noticibal change in the size of my cheeks i thought that it was somthing going on with my skin so i contacted a dermentologist he checked me out and said that my skin was not the source of my jaws that seemed to grow in size every time i looked in the mirror he told me that it might me something going on with my teeth so about a week later i went to the dentist for a check up it turns out my wisdom teeth were coming in i talked to my dentist about getting them takken out he said he had to check with my insurace because i wasent felling any pain he felt like it was know cause for alarm and never followed up with me about getting my wisdom teeth extraceted now 4 are 5 months later the shape of my face has made a drastic turn for the worst my jaw dosent hurt but emotionally im a train wreck i find my self looking in the mirror every five minuts wondering what happed my social life has been ruined and dont feel surcure enough to even ask a girl out anymore please help im in a dier need of advice i just wont my face to go back to the way it was befor my wisdom teeth im pretty sure they are the issue and i want to know if i get them pulled will this take my face back to to the way it was befor i can see 3 of them one is of them hasent full broken through the gums but i can see it making its way through please help some one

Leave Comment

Comments

• Dr.Ritz

Dr.Ritz 05 - December - 2012, at 03:27 AM

• Hi ERIC,A dry socket means intense pain, if you don't have that the black hole is just the healing process, because the wound is still open, start rinsing as many times a day as you can with warm salt water, this will promote healing and clean the site. Good luck!

• eric

eric 04 - December - 2012, at 14:04 PM

• alright so i got my wisdom teeth out 11/27/12 its now 12/4/12 and i went to the oral surgeon todayy that removed all 4 of them. i havent been in any pain once so ever since the day of the surgery. he then tells me that i have a dry socket and packs this nasty tasting stuff into my 2 lower gum sockets. i want to know if i really did have a dry socket? also i noticed b4 i went in a lil black inside my left bottom gum socket ive bee rinsing everyday. again no pain my mom thinks its just a scab

• Dr.Ritz

Dr.Ritz 27 - June - 2010, at 19:46 PM

• Without seeing the case clinically it is difficult to say whether the change in your jaw size is because of wisdom teeth but if your dentist is saying so then it may be.  If they are not causing any problem and are eruptng normally then usually there is no need to extract. You can take a second opinion and if the dentist think that the wisdom teeth are causing all the changes then you can get it extracted. For more info on wisdom teeth you can visit the following link on our website....http://www.identalhub.com/dental-knowing-all-about-wisdom-teeth-719.aspx

Free Dental Consultation