I had a bridge done 15 years ago and wasn't happy with the the way it looked it wasn't pretty and you could tell it was fake. I never went back to the dentist that did the work. But all that aside I never had any problems with it no pain at all. The new dentist I was seeing over some 7 years give or take. Would tell me I was lucky it had lasted as long as it had. He new I wasn't happy with the looks of the bridge and he wasn't either. So over the years my teeth stated to get foul smelling and I knew it was do to the gap that was starting to form on my canine where the bridge was placed. So I finally got the nerve up to replace it. Now I remind you in all the 15 I had this bridge I never once had a toothach. Now this new bridge that I had put on is killing me it hurts so so bad and it seems like my bottom teeth are hurting in the same area as the top ones. When I had the temp on I had the same problem. And he did about 3 adjustments. And my teeth where not even touching. But now this pain oh nothing like it never felt pain like this in my like . This is so bad it's worse than giving birth and I've done that twice. I don't know what to do. Don't know what's going on. And you please help?

Leave Comment

Comments

• Dr.Ritz

Dr.Ritz 26 - February - 2011, at 20:12 PM

• It looks like the abutment teeth that is the teeth which are giving support to the bridge are infected. The abutment teeth were root canaled or not is not mentioned. if they are already root canal treated then may be because of the gap or food impaction they again got infecfted . You have to go to the dentist and get the X-ray dione to find out which tooth is causing the problem. That particular tooth has to be treated. The type of pain you are discribing can not be because the bridge is high or you have a gum problem. It is because of some infected tooth and that you have to get it diagnosed. For more info on complications after crown and bridge you can visit the following link...www.identalhub.com/article_problems-after-crown-placement-272.aspx

Free Dental Consultation