I have been "dentist shopping" before I have dentures made and one says I need to have a deep cleaning before extractions, the other says that it isn't necessary, they just want my money. Who do I believe?

Leave Comment

Comments

• Dr.Ritz

Dr.Ritz 04 - January - 2011, at 20:07 PM

• If you are going for complete extractions like you are going for the complete dentures then there is no need to get the deep cleaning done of the teeth which are to be extracted. But if you are going for partial dentures then you should get the deep cleaning done if required , of the teeth which are to be retained in the oral cavity. If the gum condition is not very good and the pockets are there then to maintain the good oral hygeine and the good health of the teeth you should get the cleaning done of the teeth which are not to be extracted but there is no need to get the deep cleaning done for the teeth which are to be extracted. If ou are not very sure you can go for the second opinion.For more info on dentures you can visit the following link....www.identalhub.com/article_options-available-for-dentures--265.aspx

Free Dental Consultation