My 2.5 yr. old son has tooth-decay in all the upper teeths. Four of the upper front teeth are broken and only small parts are remaining. Dentists has suggested for root-canal and fiilings. But he is very small for any such treatment. Please suggest some medidcine which can control the deacaying.

Leave Comment


  • Dr.Ritz

    Dr.Ritz 29 - April - 2011, at 10:35 AM

  • There is no medication for this. This is called as nursing bottle decay. You should get the treatment done as the dentist says otherwise the problem will increase and cause decay of other teeth. Your child is too young to get the treatment done but a Pedodontist specialises in such treatments and handling such patients. So visit so me pedodontists and get the treatment done. till then maintain very good oral hygiene by doing 2 times brushing of teeth, one in morning and one at bedtime. Night brushing is very important. for more info on nursing bottle caries, you can read this article...

Free Dental Consultation