I had a tooth ache for a couple of days. I believed I had a cracked tooth. I went to the dentist he examined it and he took an xray and told me I needed a root canal or tooth extraction. I went home and made an appointment with another dentist and seen him within 2 hours of the other dentist. He took an xray and examined it and told me that I needed a partial crown. Is this common in dentistry to come up with such different conclusions. I made a complanit with the State and they said there is nothing they can do. Should I always get a second opinion when having dental procedures done? Should I have reason to be upset over such different conclusions the dentists came to?

Leave Comment

• Dr.Ritz

Dr.Ritz 30 - October - 2010, at 10:08 AM

• In dentistry it is not always thaat the opinion differ but in case of cracked tooth when the symptoms are vague and there is no gross abnormality or decay then it is difficult to diagnose the problem and give the decision. But if you had pain then it is advisable to go for root canl treatment and the crown afterwards but it is difficult to comment without seeing the case clinicaly and without seeing the X-ray. For more infoon cracked tooth you can visit the following link...www.identalhub.com/article_signs-and-symptoms-of-the-cracked-tooth-206.aspx

Free Dental Consultation