When I was a kid (around 6 yrs old), I fell and my half tooth broke (horizontally). My half tooth hasn't any complications, it's just broken. I am thinking to go for porcelain veneers however, I don't want my tooth to be drilled or reduced. If I'll tell the dentist to have bonding for the half tooth, do they need to reduce my tooth?

Leave Comment

Comments

• Dr.Ritz

Dr.Ritz 17 - May - 2011, at 19:46 PM

• Yes you can go for composite buildup but how far it will be permanent depends on the extent of fractured part. If the tooth loss is upto middle 1/3 and tooth is infected then after composite builtup it will cause problems though now it is not causing any problem. So you have get root canal treatment done for the tooth. As you have written that half of tooth is gone then composite buildup is not going to be successful. In composite buildup the dentist just has to prepare the tooth and he does not have to reduce it much as it is done in crown or veneers. For more info on composite buildup you can read this article.... www.identalhub.com/dental-cosmetic-makeover-options-for-front-teeth--597.aspx

Free Dental Consultation