Hi, I went to dentist b/c part of my tooth filling came out. While the dentist was filling my tooth, I felt pain and I was given another injection. During the filling I was about to lose my consciousness and the dentist wanted to me to stand up and I rinsed my mouth with water. It has been 1,5 months and I can't eat anything with that tooth that is harder than a french fry. It feels like I can even feel the nerves of that tooth. I prefer to eat with the other side. What might be the cause of this pain and what should I do? Should I trust the same dentist again? I greatly appreciate your help.

Leave Comment

Comments

• Dr.Ritz

Dr.Ritz 23 - January - 2011, at 08:04 AM

• From your symptoms it looks like as yor cavity was deep and the filling is quite near to the pulp that is the nerve endings. These cases are border line cases in which some times even if the filing is too deep or near the nerve endings the pain isnot there and if initially it is there it goes within a week as the healing takes place but some times it does not heal . In that case you have to go to the dentist and get the root canal tretment done. If you want you can take second opinion. For more info on root canal treatment you can visit the following link....www.identalhub.com/articlecategory-root-canal-therapy-17.aspx

Free Dental Consultation