I had two baby teeth that never fell out when I was a child because the mature teeth that were supposed to push them out and grow in were missing. My dentist told me that he would leave my baby teeth alone until they fell out by themselves. A few months ago I went in to my dentist for really bad pain in one of my baby teeth. He examined it and said it was completely cracked in half so he had to pull it out. Everything seemed to heal just fine after this, but a couple weeks after getting the tooth pulled, I started having pain again. It's a very strong, throbbing pain in my gums and teeth on the left side of my mouth. That is the side where my baby tooth was before they pulled it. Sometimes I even feel really strong pressure on my teeth like I got punched in the mouth of something. It's the worst pain I've ever had. I don't think I was in this much pain when I broke my arm. It's always just on the left side, though. It goes from my left front tooth all the way to the last tooth in the back. On the top and bottom. The pain always lasts one whole day, sometimes two days, but that's very rare. I get the pain about every other week. Could I have nerve damage from the old baby tooth? That's the only thing I can think of because my dentist would have noticed if I had gum disease or gingivitis, and it seems really strange that the pain cuts off perfectly between my front two teeth. I hope you can tell me what this could be! I can't find anything online. Thank you!

Leave Comment

Comments

• Dr.Ritz

Dr.Ritz 11 - August - 2011, at 19:26 PM

• Thre roots of the baby tooth is so small and mresoever if it is retained as it was in your case the chances of nerve damage wit this baby tooth is not there.It looks like that you have some other infected tooth which is causing pain. It can be the other baby tooth which is also cracked or infected. You have to visit your dentist. The dentist after doing the clnical examination and taking radiograph will give you a definitive diagnosis. There is a possiility that your other baby tooth is also cracked and you have to get it pulled out also.

Free Dental Consultation