My wisdom teeth are coming in and starting to shift my upper and lower teeth. My appointment is not until March to get them removed and I am concerned my teeth will continue to move until then. I have my old retainers from when I had braces 15 years ago. I put it on today and it does not fit perfectly and is uncomfortable, but I am willing to endure a little pain if it will help prevent my teeth from becoming even more crooked. What are your suggestions?

Leave Comment

Comments

• Dr.Ritz

Dr.Ritz 26 - January - 2011, at 19:58 PM

• If the teeth have visibly started shifting because of eruption of wisdom teeth then you have to get them extracted otherwise the teeth will become malaligned. You cannot wear your old retainers as they must be now distorted and moresoever with time, there is some growth also in the jaws and due to this they will not fit. In my opinion, you should not try to fit them forcefully as along with pain they can cause soft tissue injury also. It is better, you get your appointment preponed if possible for the extractio of wisdom teeth or you can consult your dentist about this. For more info on wisdom teeth problems and its solutions, you can read this article.... www.identalhub.com/dental-effect-of-wisdom-teeth-on-orthodontic-treatment-738.aspx

Free Dental Consultation