I have a very large hole where one of my bottom impacted wisdom teeth was removed. I do not think it is normal because it's stitches dissolved within the first 48 hours. The other side seems to be doing alright because the hole is much smaller, but this hole is scaring me because of it's size. Is this normal? Giant food chunks always get lodged in there and i need to take tweezers to get them out

Leave Comment

Comments

• Dr.Ritz

Dr.Ritz 12 - August - 2010, at 19:46 PM

• You have not entioned when the tooth was extracted and how it was extracted. When lot of bone cutting has to be done then the healing takes long and it is the secondary healng like from the inside of the socket to out and hole is visible. Normally the soft tissue covers the hole and the healing is from out to in  but in surgical cases it takes around 3 weeks to 3 months for proper healing. If you do not have any pain or swelling then it is normal. Try to keep the socket clean and follow all the instructions given by the dentist. For more info on wisdom teeth you can visit the following link on our website..... www.identalhub.com/article_problems-after-removal-of-wisdom-teeth-254.aspx

Free Dental Consultation