I just came back from the hospital because the right face is swollen. They think its because I had my wisdom teeth cut out but that has been over a month ago and i went back on the 30 of december and they said everything was okay. The hospital gave me the same antibiotic that my dentist did..help please

Leave Comment

Comments

• Dr.Ritz

Dr.Ritz 23 - January - 2012, at 01:18 AM

• Swelling in face can occur because of allergic reactions, infection or trauma to tissues of the face. Sinus infection, infected tooth can also lead to facial swelling. Surgical extraction of wisdom tooth can also lead to facial swelling but it usually regresses in 6-7 days after tooth extraction. If wisdom tooth extraction socket has healed well, then swelling is not likely because of extraction of wisdom tooth. Antibiotics must be given to you to eliminate infection present. Without clinical examination, it is difficult to comment. As of now, you can take the antibiotics as prescribed to you by hospital. If swelling doesn’t regress even after a week, then you can see a physician. For detailed info on complications after tooth extraction, refer to…..   http://www.identalhub.com/dental-complications-after-tooth-extraction-881.aspx

Free Dental Consultation