Hi!I had a temporary filling done 6 months ago, and last week a piece from my molar tooth just broke, so I went to the dentist who just removed the old temp filling and did a new one(the dentist said that he used a new filling method that is done with gel). The problem is that after the filling I noticed a gap between my molar tooth and gum. Isn't that a sign of periodontitis and shouldn't my dentist have diagnosed that? How should it be treated?

Leave Comment

Comments

• Dr.Ritz

Dr.Ritz 26 - July - 2011, at 08:58 AM

• If the gap in front teeth is there and gums are healthy then you can go for gum grafts or veneers can be given on the teeth to fill the gap. If the gap is more then you can also opt for dental crowns which will refill the gap and tooth will start looking natural and you will be able to smile as you want.

• karimulla

karimulla 26 - July - 2011, at 02:22 AM

• hi i got surgery for gums, for my front teeth i have gap because of surgery,my consult doctor saying, gap can't be refill,because gums are lost in that gap,can you please suggest what can be made to refill that gap in between the teeth, please suggest me for me to smile...

• Dr.Ritz

Dr.Ritz 09 - June - 2011, at 18:52 PM

• Gap in molar tooth and gum can be due to food impaction which was there when the tooth was broken or it can be due to laceration of the gum which happens when the old filling is removed and new dental filling is done. If it had been a periodontal problem then there will be other symptoms like pain, bleeding gums or swelling of gums. so you can wait and watch and do warm saline rinses. if the problem does not go within 2-3 days then you can go to your dentist and discuss the periodontal problem. For more info on gum diseases you can read this article... www.identalhub.com/article_signs-and-symptoms-of-gum-disease-20.aspx

Free Dental Consultation