Hi. A long time ago, my tooth (left, upper) was impacted due to a bicycle accident. Since then, I observed pus (without pain) in the gum right where the impacted tooth is. Now, I notice a flesh has grown that looks like a skin tag on that part of the gum. Sometimes it has pus and bleeding specially after having a hot drink (example coffee) followed by, say, cold water.

Leave Comment


  • Dr.Ritz

    Dr.Ritz 12 - May - 2011, at 19:11 PM

  • From your symptoms it looks like that the tooth which was traumatized is infected and due to this pus is coming from gum. The extra skin tag is may be the swelling of gums and for this you have to visit a dentist and find out the extent of trauma. If the tooth is not fractured and it is just infected then you can go for Root Canal Treatment  in this tooth if possible to save this tooth. As it is chronic infection there may be bone loss also and due to this condition of your tooth has to be evaluated clinically by exam and taking xrays and only then treatment plan can be decided. for more info on Root Canal Treatment need you can read this article..... www.identalhub.com/articlecategory-root-canal-therapy-17.aspx

Free Dental Consultation