I have a a front bridge which was placed 13 years ago. It is split in half and not a single bridge for my front teeth. on the right side of the other bridge mt teeth are loose, it has been like that for several years. I did ask my general dentist about it. A couple of years ago and he said try not to bite into hard food items. I can see the bone and the skin has raised up above one front tooth. I recently had scaling done. But the front right side tooth was not address. I just wondered if it can be saved through a split or have to be estranged. I have seen many dentist some are good some don't seem to be educated well because my general dentist should have referred me out. I stopes going to see him becuase I got a since that maybe he don't know or don't care. Well, is it possible to save my 2 lose teeth?

Leave Comment

• Dr.Ritz

Dr.Ritz 26 - November - 2011, at 04:25 AM

• If the tooth is slightly loose, then it can be secured by splinting. In splinting, loose tooth is attached to a healthy tooth to make it firm. If tooth is loose because of deposits present around the teeth, then dental cleaning can be done to remove the deposits and after the deposits are removed, gum can re-grow over the tooth and tooth will become firm. If tooth is very loose and causing problems, then it is better to pull out the loose tooth and get it replaced with either dental implants or dental bridges.  Dentist will take an x-ray and see the amount of bone loss which has taken place and can decide the treatment plan. Gum raised up above one of the front tooth can be because of inflammation of the gums which can lead to recession of gums. If recession of tooth with dental bridge has taken place, then replacement of dental bridge and or gum surgery will be required. Without clinical examination, it is difficult to comment whether the loose tooth can be saved or not. You can refer to your dentist for an opinion. For more info on remedies for loose tooth, refer to.,..    http://www.identalhub.com/dental-remedies-for-loose-tooth-524.aspx

Free Dental Consultation