i have a cavity between my front two teeth and my right front tooth has been hurting there isn't a physical deformity on the gum or anything it just hurts i'v been using hydrogen peroxide solution or hot water to kill the pain but i need to know a way too kill this infection from home. i'm sorry but going to a dentist is not an option seeing as i don't have insurance and i'm sorry but ALL dentist charge an arm and 2 legs to get a cavity filed let alone a root canal.

Leave Comment

Comments

• Dr.Ritz

Dr.Ritz 24 - October - 2011, at 00:57 AM

• If there is cavity in the tooth, then you need to get it restored. Pain in the right front tooth can be because of deep cavity in relation to the tooth or can be because of cracked tooth present. If there is cavity in the tooth, then you have to get it filled. If you don’t get it restored, then it will lead to deepening of the cavity and severe pain. Home remedies like placing a clove over that site or putting a cotton swab with turmeric powder on the cavity will provide some pain relief, but it will not kill the infection. To kill the infection, your dentist will remove the decayed portion of the tooth and will restore it with filling material. As of now, you can use some of the commercially available temporary filling material to fill the cavity and to avoid any food accumulates in the cavity which will aggravate the pain and after 2-3 days, you can get it replaced with permanent filling material from your dentist. If it is a front tooth, then your dentist can fill the cavity with composite filling material which is tooth colored, esthetic filling material. If you don’t have insurance or money to visit the dentist, then you can approach any of the dental schools near your place where treatment provided is cheap. For more info on home remedies for dental problems, you can refer to... http://www.identalhub.com/article_home-remedies-for-dental-problems-88.aspx

Free Dental Consultation