I recently got two upper wisdom teeth extracted three days ago. my left wisdom has had no problem healing and i have had no pain from it after the second day and it is no longer swollen however my right side is extremely swollen with immense pain not necesssarily at the extraction site but ive had bad pain in the back three teeth on the bottom row and the two teeth in front of the space where my tooth was extracted.my cheek at points feels like its throbbing and i have had headaches with very mild earaches. does this sound like i have a dry socket and should contact my surgeon. my teeth were extracted in the morning on Monday and it just now turned to thursday at 12:30 am

Leave Comment

• Dr.Ritz

Dr.Ritz 18 - August - 2011, at 00:34 AM

• Wisdom tooth extraction socket takes comparatively longer time to heal than the normal extraction socket. Depending on the procedure done and the angulation of the tooth, wisdom tooth may take 3weeks to 3months to heal completely. If your right side of wisdom tooth is causing extreme pain, it might be because of dry socket. Dry socket occurs 3days after extraction and in this condition; the clot dislodges or dissolves causing bone exposure. You need to consult your dentist and get it checked. If it is a dry socket, he will clean that area and will give a pack there. Keep doing the warm saline rinses 3-4 times a day which will reduce the swelling and consult your dentist. For more info on dry socket, you can refer to the following article…http://www.identalhub.com/article_what-is-a-dry-socket-155.aspx

Free Dental Consultation