hi doctors. i have an unhealthy gum it's always bleeding and it's really red and swelling and i went to the dentist and had l cleaning for my teeth but no use, so what can i do to make the swelling go down

Leave Comment

Comments

• Dr.Ritz

Dr.Ritz 30 - January - 2011, at 08:50 AM

• First of all you have to find out the cause of bleeding and swollen gums. In most of the cases, it is due to poor oral hygiene or deposits. But sometimes it can be due to some deficiency like vitamin C or because of some harmonal changes at particular age like puberty gingevitis. But if you have in general unhealthy gums the you have to really maintain good oral hygiene. Getting cleaning done once is not gonna solve the problem. You have to go for regulars cleanings after every 6 months. Along with this maintain very good oral hygiene like brushing twice daily along with flossing. Do warm saline rinses 2-3 times a day and you can massage your gums with some good OTC gum paint. You can take vitamin C supplement which makes the gums healthy. For more info on gum diseases, you can read the following article... www.identalhub.com/dental-natural-remedies-for-gum-diseases-560.aspx

Free Dental Consultation