All four of my wisdom teeth are fully grown (to my knowledge) and my bottom left tooth is semi-impacted. It only has a little bit of gums over it. At the moment it's swollen and I believe it to be an infection. I would like to know how to get rid of it or what antibiotics I should take. Is it over the counter? Referral only? Dentist only? Please get back to me. Thanks

Leave Comment

Comments

• Dr.Ritz

Dr.Ritz 11 - August - 2011, at 02:13 AM

• It is always better to get an impacted wisdom tooth pulled out than keeping it. The chances of food accumulation and decay are more in case of wisdom teeth which can further lead to gingival and tooth infection. To reduce the inflammation in the gums, you can do warm saline rinses 3-4 times a day. Antibiotics should be taken after consulting the dentist only. Antibiotics are to be given in specific doses and amount on the basis of amount of infection present in that area so they should be taken on prescription only. To know more about wisdom teeth, you can refer to the following article... http://www.identalhub.com/dental-knowing-all-about-wisdom-teeth-719.aspx

Free Dental Consultation