One of my front teeth has slowly grown more dark over the years, and my dentist has recommended that I get a root canal done on it. She also mentioned that the existing pulp would need to be sucked out, to internally clean the tooth, then inject some filler before doing the root canal. Does that sound safe, for a tooth as important as a front tooth? And if so, how much is a reasonable expense to expect for the whole operation in a place like manhattan? Is it worth it to get a veneer afterwards as well? Finally, if you could recommend any dentists who would be good, I would greatly appreciate it! Thanks in advance.

Leave Comment

Comments

• Selena A

Selena A 24 - September - 2010, at 01:56 AM

• Yea, it'll likely hurt a lot if you stick something into a recently-extracted tooth site. Think about how if feels when you're clamping down on the gauze and multiply that many times over with an intense, sharp pain. However, within a couple of weeks, your gums will be healing up and then you can resume eating as normal.

• Joey T

Joey T 23 - September - 2010, at 23:26 PM

• I had my lower right tooth extracted. Now I know they say you can't eat meat or whatever for like 24 hours. But now that the hole is there, I can never chew meat on that side again? What I mean is if 2 days from now, if I chew on that side, and i hit that pocket, will it hurt?

• Courtney Fox

Courtney Fox 23 - September - 2010, at 04:15 AM

• im not sure if they're actually accesses, my demist was acting weird when i asked him about how long would it take he didn't answer me the first time and the second time i said; "you think a few more weeks" he said yeah and told me something about it might be caused from my teeth shifting. I had the root canal a week ago from last Monday. They we're broken in two like 13 years ago and had temporary crown which was took off on Wednesday and was preped and they put temporary caps on me and i get my crowns on October 7th its painful when i smile because it puts pressure on it, ive been like this for a couple months i just wanna know when this will end.

• Simi Sharma

Simi Sharma 21 - September - 2010, at 02:47 AM

• Definitely you need not to worry about your tooth being pulled , its a normal part of your dental treatment. In case of darkened tooth or if it has got chipped and if your teeth has got sensitive to cold and hot things you definitely need to go for root canal. Also get your upper wisdom tooth removed because sooner or later it might supra - erupt and give you problems so I would suggest it would be a wise idea to get it removed soon.

• Dr.Ritz

Dr.Ritz 20 - September - 2010, at 05:21 AM

• If the tooth is becoming dark then you have to go for the root canal treatment as the pulp which is inside the tooth has necrosed. Cleaning it and injecting some material is actually the process of root canal treatment and it is quite safe. You do not have to worry. Normally after root canal treatment crowns are recommended as the tooth becomes quite brittle, The cost of root canal alone varies from $700 to $1000. For more info on root canal treatment you can visit the followig link...www.identalhub.com/article_how-root-canal-treatment-is-done-298.aspx

Free Dental Consultation