I have a bridge on which the gum is receding. The thin grey line is now very thick and noticeable. I want to know if it's possible to fill it in with dental composite or bonding material as a temporary fix.

Leave Comment


  • Dr.Ritz

    Dr.Ritz 21 - March - 2011, at 19:49 PM

  • If the gums are receding and grey line is more visible then you have to go for change of bridge. Temporarily you can get it filled with composite or with ceramic repair material but that will be just temporary and won't stay long. If it is not done very precisely, it can further irritate the gums and cause more gum recession. So better is to leave it like this only or get new bridge made. For more info on problems with bridges you can read this article ... www.identalhub.com/article_problems-after-crown-placement-272.aspx

Free Dental Consultation