Need braces

Leave Comment

Comments

• Ross Geller

Ross Geller 07 - October - 2010, at 05:26 AM

• Hi, i got braces about two months ago. I have had them adjusted once and he was really surprised at how fast they moved. I had a gap in my top front teeth last time i went due to the braces being put on and once he adjusted them it had closed up by the time i got home (in about 20 minutes, it was bout a milimetre gap). I only have two more teeth a tiny bit above the others on my top row (pretty sure they're canines). I also had 4 teeth taken out (top & bottom pre molars) due to overcrowding and other teeth have moved into place already and he took the elastics off those teeth. When i first got a consultation thing i was told 2 years with braces on then 2 years with retainer (i dont mind a retainer). Do you think this might change due to my teeth moving extremely fast?

• Simi Sharma

Simi Sharma 05 - October - 2010, at 22:06 PM

• Spacers, believe it or not, are quite painful. Braces, any modifications during the time I had to go to the orthodontics were painful. Even breathing or drinking water made it hurt so bad and there is nothing really u can do about it but go read a book or occupy yourself with something so you dont think about it too much. I would suggest having ur teeth pulled out and getting the spacers in at the same time. Get use to the pain instead of letting it drag out. As for colors... I went thru all types of colors... rainbow, orange,blue, team colors, clear, etc.... just change them up every month. The worst is probably white cause near time to take them off they get all yellow.

• Miss Venny D'Souza

Miss Venny D'Souza 05 - October - 2010, at 04:01 AM

• well im getting braces later but have this tooth in the back which has been filled but a wisdom tooth is growing underneath it trying to budge it out the way. it's a little painful plus earlier a bit of the tooth chipped now there's a small hole. i'd feel more comfortable if they took it out first to give the wisdom tooth room to grow in its place but the appointment with my orthodontist is today, so i'm scared it's too late.. but as braces are uncomfortable enough i really don't want to have toothache as well. should i cancel today's appointment to get the tooth out first or should i get it out after having braces put on? (btw today isn't the actual braces bit i don't think but having spacers put in or something? but i'm having the actual braces put on in a couple of days.) also i'm really self-conscious (to the point i never leave the house) and i have a few spots and i really don't fancy them getting close and shining a light on my face, i just really don't feel up to it today.Also tell me what braces color should I get?

• Dr.Ritz

Dr.Ritz 04 - October - 2010, at 10:23 AM

• If you need the braces treatment you have to visit the orthodontist. He will take the X-ray's ,do clinical examination and make moulds. After that he will decide about the treatment plan. Normally metallic braces are used but there is option of cosmetic braces also. the treatment time is between 18 to 24 months. If you want to know more about the braces you can visit the following link.....www.identalhub.com/dental-things-to-know-before-getting-dental-braces-764.aspx

Free Dental Consultation