I have pain in the roof of my mouth. When I apply presure to that area with my thumb or tongue I have a dull throbing pain in two of my front teeth which are crowns.

Leave Comment

Comments

• Dr.Ritz

Dr.Ritz 06 - November - 2011, at 05:47 AM

• If the pain is there on applying the pressure in the front teeth which have crowns then that means either the teeth are infected or there is gum infection. Sometimes after trauma or if you bite something hard with front teeth, then pain can happen. For this first try to maintain good oral hygiene and do warm saline rinses. If the pain is still there after 3-4 days then you have to schedule a visit to dentist who will do clinical exam and xrays to find out the cause of pain. If gum infection is reason then SCRP scaling will serve the purpose but if the teeth are infected then the crowns have to be removed and teeth have to be root canal treated and if they are already root canal treated then they will need re-root canal treatment. For more info infection in teeth with crowns then you can read this article... http://www.identalhub.com/article_problems-after-crown-placement-272.aspx

Free Dental Consultation