Two things, i have a sore in the front of my mouth where my gum meets the inside of the bottom of my chin. it hurts to chew and it has been bothering me for a week. it does not seem to be getting any better. Second, two of my back teeth (one lower and the other directly above) are turning black. the bottom one is nearly all black and the top one is beginning to turn. what does this mean?

Leave Comment

• Dr.Ritz

Dr.Ritz 25 - January - 2011, at 20:40 PM

• It seems that you have canker sore. Though it is self limiting and takes around 7-10 days to heal but if there is secondary infection or if it is in the area where it is constantly irritated, it may take long. Try to maintain good oral hygiene and apply some topical anesthetic agent to that it does not hurt while chewing. If there is pain in the tooth also then may be the sore is due to infected tooth and in this case, you have visit the dentist and get the xray done. Final diagnosis can be made after thorough clinical examination.

As far your back black teeth, they may be decayed and that is one of the reasons for the teeth to get black. If they have some silver filling, that also causes blackness of the teeth or it can be because of some deposits. So schedule an appointment with your dentist and get it checked. For more info on canker sores you can read this article in our website..

Free Dental Consultation