I want to tell you this story so you can understand my concerns better. Years ago I went to have a wisdom tooth pulled. I saw a young dentist just starting out. He told me he had never pulled a wisdom tooth. I asked if he could do it, and he assured me he could. I remember the day well, because on the radio in the dentists office they were talking about the pope in rome. As I was in the chair the pope got shot. I was still in the chair after the pope went through surgery and on to the recovery room, 5 hours later. During my time in the chair, approx 6 hours. I was given novicane many times. The dentist was working hard, and applying tremendous pressure to try and pull that tooth. He finally ended up sectioning the tooth, and still had a hard time removing it. In a subsequent visit to a dentist later, x-rays revealed a hairline crack in my jaw near the spot where the wisdom tooth was. I have thought for a long time that I may have an infection where that tooth had been. My teeth occasionally become loose, I can sometimes smell infection on my breath, and my sinus's drain continually. For about 3 weeks now I have had pain in the gum/jaw where that tooth was. I have also had chronic fatigue for years. Who should I see, and what should I be concerned about. Thanks.

Leave Comment

Comments

• Dr.Ritz

Dr.Ritz 10 - May - 2011, at 10:02 AM

• It is long time you got your tooth extracted. After that it must have healed as it had only hair line fracture. So after so many years you are having the problem, it can not be because of that episode. May be some other tooth is infected. You can see a dentist for this and get the xrays done. This will tell the cause of problem and so accordingly treatment can be planned. If there is no problem in teeth then you have to visit your physcian. For more info on complications after wisdom tooth extraction you can read this article... www.identalhub.com/article_problems-after-removal-of-wisdom-teeth-254.aspx

Free Dental Consultation