Hello Doctor, I had recently taken a Dental OPG, & i found out my Wisdom tooth is Horizontally growing instead of growing Vertically, I'm 28 years old. I can share the digital x-ray. Now it has started touching the neibhrouing teeth causing little pain & inflation of gums. Regards GM

Leave Comment

Comments

• Dr.Ritz

Dr.Ritz 23 - April - 2011, at 20:20 PM

• If the tooth is growing horizontally instead of vertically then you have horitonzal impaction of wisdom teeth. The treatment for this is wisdom tooth extraction otherwise the tooth next to it will be affected as it horizontally placed wisdom tooth will start pushing it. Wisdom tooth does not have any functionality left as it does not help in chewing or mastication of food and in modern times wisdom teeth in most cases cause problems and dentist recommend their pullout. So schedule an appointment with an Oral Surgeon to get the impacted wisdom tooth pulled out. Impacted wisdom tooth procedure is surgical and you will be fine in -4-5 days. For more info on treatment of impacted wisdom tooth you can read this article.... www.identalhub.com/dental-dental-procedures-for-impacted-wisdom-teeth-737.aspx

Free Dental Consultation